How to Find Facebook Username?
Facebook username is a unique name defined by Facebook for your Facebook account. It is not necessarily your name which you entered while signing up for your Facebook account. Also since you can sign up on Facebook using various other options, like your email address or your mobile number, it is not logical that your sign-in name should be your username.
There are millions of users of Facebook. Therefore for every new sign-up, Facebook automatically creates and assigns a username for that account, which is used to distinguish one user from another user.
However, you can easily find your Facebook username. Just go through below steps-
When using a computer, you can find Facebook username through these two methods.
Method – 1
This is a direct method, which may or may not work for all users. Nevertheless it is most easy way to find your Facebook username.
- Log in to your Facebook account. Upon successful sign-in, by default the Home page of your Facebook account will open (This is where all your feeds from your friends etc. will appear).
- Click on your name, appearing before the ‘Home’ button. This will open your Facebook ‘Profile’ page, consisting of various sub-menus like ‘Timeline’, ‘About’, ‘Friends’ etc.
- Go to the address bar of your browser window and select the URL, which will appear like www.facebook.com/abc, where ‘abc’ is your Facebook username.
Above method may not reveal your actual Facebook username, in case you have signed-up using your email address or mobile number since the Facebook URL will look different and may also contain other digits and special characters to make it difficult to understand. It is best then to use the second method, which is listed below;
Method – 2
This method is a bit long, but can accurately find your Facebook username.
- Log in to Facebook account.
- Navigate to the upper right hand corner of the Facebook Home page, towards an arrow pointing downwards. It’ll be in the extreme corner end and should appear like a triangle pointing upside down and is infact a dropdown menu.
- Click on this arrow / triangle looking button, and a dropdown menu will open. Among various options, select ‘Settings’ by clicking on it.
- This will direct you to a new Facebook page, which will contain all the account settings related links of your Facebook account. By default ‘General’ menu link should be selected, which will appear on the left hand side on the page, along with various other options. If ‘General’ menu link is not selected, hover your mouse pointer towards it and click on it to view its contents.
- This will open the ‘General Account Settings’ section of your Facebook account. The username which you are looking for will be displayed in the second row.
How to find Facebook username on Facebook App?
Since a lot of people use Facebook on their mobile devices, one can find their username on Facebook app as well. Simply follow the below steps;
- Open your Facebook app and log in to your account.
- Open your Facebook profile page by clicking on your picture. You can also open your profile page by tapping on the menu on the top right corner (displayed as three horizontal lines!) and then tapping on your name, which will appear on the top in the menu.
- Once you have reached your profile page, navigate towards ‘More’ button, which will be listed beside ‘Edit Profile’ button among others and tap on it.
- This will open a sub-drop-down menu, consisting of various option. Scroll down and tap on ‘Copy Link to Profile’ and your Facebook username will be copied.
Do you know you can also change your Facebook username? It could be because you may not like the automatically generated username or because you may want to keep it simply. Whatever the reason, to change your Facebook username, go through below steps;
How to change your Facebook username?
- Open Facebook on your computer and login to your account.
- Upon successful login, clicking on the drop-down menu located at the top right corner. It will appear like a downward arrow or triangle button.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the options in the drop-down menu and click it.
- A new window will open. By default, ‘General’ tab will be selected and your ‘General Account Settings’ page will be displayed. Navigate to your ‘Username’ and click on ‘edit’ button. This will open a sub menu, wherein you can choose your desired username, if it is available.
- Click on ‘Save Changes’ button and hurray you now have your own customized Facebook username.
- Remember, you may be asked to confirm your password again, before changing your profile name. Also, you can change your Facebook username while logging in from your computer only.